There are five different kinds of graphics in Chokuretsu:
- Backgrounds: Backgrounds include both visual novel backgrounds and CGs. These files are displayed with the various BG display commands in the script editor. In the current version of Serial Loops, backgrounds are the only graphics that can be edited.
- Character Sprites: Character sprites are the talking sprites used during the visual novel sections of the game.
- Chibis: Chibis are used both on the top screen during the visual novel sections and as the primary control sprites during the investigation and puzzle phases.
- Places: Place graphics are displayed on the top screen and indicate where the current scene is taking place.
- Maps: Maps are the isometric maps that are displayed during the investigation and puzzle phases.