The Series of Haruhi Suzumiya – Episode 3 is now available!
Happy Halloween, everyone! We've been cooking at the Haroohie Translation Club and we're now ready to give you a turn at the grill with the release of Version 0.6 of our Suzumiya Haruhi no Chokuretsu English Fan Translation patch, which translates the game through Episode 3: A Midsummer Graduation.
A huge thank you to EricDoesEverything for once again putting together our (fittingly spooky for October 31) release trailer!
Of course, as well as Episode 3, we've been going back and improving other areas of our patch too. Take a look at our changelog below!
- Episode 3: A Midsummer Graduation has been translated and can now be played in English!
- Episode 1: The Man-Eating Classroom has had various script rewrites and changes to bring certain sections up to standards with the quality of Episode 3's translation, and to reflect changes in our processes since then.
- Smaller changes have also been made to the script of Episode 2.
- Translated additional graphics
- Graphics for the clubroom Extras Mode have been added for Episodes 3, 4, and 5.
- Translated certain CGs for Episode 3
- Translated chess interface graphics (used in the extras mode and in a later episode)
- Translated the ending credits movie (you'll see it when we finish Episode 5). Names are now romanized
- Fixed a typesetting inconsistency with the lyrics in the credits movie.
- Fixed a bug with on-screen subtitles that could sometimes lead to the game crashing during the Puzzle phase. If you encounter a crash while playing, please get in touch with us on Discord so we can investigate!
Please check the guide for how to apply the patch to your Nintendo DS ROM file.
We're already hard at work on Episodes 4 and 5! Last month, we finished the full game base translation. Recently we've started "Chokuretsu
Fridays Saturdays" to rally together our proofreading and translation check process. Behind the scenes, we're also working on Suzumiya Haruhi no Heiretsu for the Wii, and we've made considerable progress since our last blog post in September. Stay tuned for more!